That's my first post here. I have discovered gp|Easy a few months ago and I love it.
Cycle Slideshow Advanced: It's an extended version of Strodtbeck's Cycle Slideshow Lite.
It checks a defined folder for images and uses a Gadget to output them as slideshow in the layout/page.
Its Admin Interface provides access to almost all possibilities the original Cycle Lite jQuery Plugin offers.
Since these are my first steps in gp|Easy plugin dev and I'm noch much of a PHP crack I'm quite uncertain about the result and would kindly ask for some opinions before releasing it “into the wild”.
* I'm not sure if it's done right :-). It installs/uninstalls and runs well here on 2 different gp|Easy setups but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. There is lots of gp|Easy things I yet don't understand. I'd appreciate if some of you could look if it is safe and done properly. I don't want to break anyone's setup who can't fix it.
* I don't have a PHP 4 system for testing. Since my PHP skills are pretty low-level I'd guess it will work but I'm not sure.
* In the Admin Interface I extend gp|Easy's custom jQuery UI with widgets/tabs functionality by loading them as admin_css. Works well for now as long as gp|Easy will not implement this functions by itself. Is there a way to avoid possible future conflicts?
* Quite important for me - do you consider it useful and suitable for average users? I have tried to document all features within the Admin Interface but is it comprehensible?
* And - last but not least - the internal documentation is in german and english only (the latter not exactly brilliant :-). It falls back to english if current Admin language is not supported. I will most likely find someone who will translate it to french and italian, maybe even spanish. But I don't see much light for other languages. Anyone?
Any opinions critique and contributions are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Ah and yes, here is the ZIP: CycleSlideshowAdvanced_RC1.zip
BTW: Is anyone planning sth. like an events manager to announce seminars, concerts, presentations and alike?
This is what I need frequently so I'm considering this as my 2nd plugin project for gp|Easy.
7 years ago