First of all THANK yOU for your work! AGAIN and AGAIN
I install alpha version but
1. where we will see "...Instead, they will be notified when a new version is available, and with the click of a few buttons have a new version installed...."? I can't found this buttons :-)
2. where we can find new features descriptions: for what and how to?
3. give me link please how i can implement new theme to your CMS (hope i post new themes soon ;-) )
1) 1.7a1 is the first version with the code for remotely updating. So in reality, you won't be able to take advantage of this till 1.7a2 is out.
2) It's I haven't been very good at detailing the changes in each version. I promise to do better.
The information about newer versions is a really great feature, but it should be possible to deactivate it on install.
If I use gpEasy on a local server (without www access) the script is currently running till a server timeout.
Have not checked it but the online request for newer versions should be done only one time per admin login cause it's slows down the admin access (I do not like it to be dependent on external servers). Maybe a dropdown for choosing the request frequency would be nice.
A version check one time per week sounds good.
As I've reported the version check runs on a intranet server with no internet access till a server timeout or needs a long time (2-4 minutes) to display the next page so I thought version check is done on every new admin page access.
And yes, I'm using another cms too with a similar function ... but version check is done on every admin page access, If I deactivate this function the admin area has some real speed increases. Havent done a time check for gpeasy yet.
Find out more about our Provider Spotlight