I use Typesetter on a few different sites and in the last few months *all* of my sites are having this bug:
* If I log-in, the page I clicked 'log in' on will not display any Typesetter editor overlays, it still shows 'log in' at the bottom almost as if I didn't log in
* If I click another page, the type setter editor features all appear and I am logged in - but click another page and everything dissapears again
--- I have tried different browsers, also different computers! I don't know why this is happening.. any ideas? Thanks
Typesetter 5.1 is not really php 7.3-ready. What You can do is update .
1. Rename the directory /include to /include.old and replace it with the include - directory of the CE-Version, which is error-corrected and updated to run with php7.3 (and bootstrap4).
2. You can also replace the templates directory - just do not overwrite templates which are in use ! - the same for the addons-directory
(so please make a backup before under : Tools)
3. there is also Typesetter 5.2 but if You want to keep Your installations as they are, the above is sufficient.
P.S. If You have manually added Ckeditor-plugins, they may be incompatible with ckeditor4.14. If Ckeditor doesnt come up - please remove them and replace them with a newer version :: (settings->ckeditor)
Sorry to be a pain! I followed your instructions perfectly (did my back up, renamed include to include.old, I zipped the new include directory and uploaded it to the server and then extracted it on the server) But now my site is just giving HTTP 500 error. I am running PHP 7.3. I quickly tried a few other PHP versions but still no joy.
Any suggestions? Thanks again
1. This will normally mean that Your installation is corrupted (or You have a very old gpeasy-version). If You rename the include to include.new and then the include.old back to include it should normally function again - does it ?
Then klick with the right mousekey at the include-directory and set all rights for that directory and subdirectory and files to 755.
3. Can You otherwise try to make a new installation (CE or 5.2RC) into a parallel subdirectory of the root and put a subdamain of Your domain on it. So You can easy see if it is Your server (or eventually only an old php7.3 - incompatible plugin, which You can test here)
P.S. If the crash - reason should be the minishop , which allegedly doesnt run with php7, as another user in another posting said, the minishop-version 1.51 (tested to run with Typesetter 5.2rc on php7.4 and given up by the author ) has 'only' several deprecated functions and the xss-vulerability of 1.50 is also in 1.51). Maybe a filter like hmlawed on the variable $Mtxt can help here a bit (PHP - functions : strip_tags(strip_tags($Mtxt) ); htmlentities and htmlspecialchars.).
There is also a gpshop (as rather uselesss shop demonstration) at github (for 'fun').
Minishop functions - but not with php8 (just deprecated warnings with php 7). The $Mtxt is a minor bug.
Here a updated and improved new version (Minishop TP) for testing.